Our Design-Build Process
The foundation of our design-build process is a thoughtful approach to creating a space tailored to our clients’ wants and needs, executed with care and high-quality craftsmanship.
Remodeling is a partnership.
Our emphasis on clear communication takes the guesswork and worry out of the picture and minimizes stress. We’ve been making homes better for more than 30 years, refining our methods to give clients an extraordinary experience, from start to finish–on time and on budget.
- It all starts with a 20-minute phone call or visit to our design center.
- We’ll schedule an in-home visit to gather more details.
- During the visit, we’ll discuss objectives, understand your current space and any problems you will need to solve.
- We will review your timeline, discuss your budget and answer any questions.
- If all goes well, we’ll proceed to the Discover stage.
- Back at our Design Center, we will develop a written design proposal which defines your project’s scope, sets a preliminary opinion of cost and details the services you will be provided in the design phase.
- The design agreement is prepared to ensure that we all understand the scope of work to be performed as well as the estimated budget.
- Upon completion of our design agreement, we’ll commence working on a survey of the existing site.
- In this phase, you’ll meet your designer who will work with you to determine your needs and style.
- Once a schematic drawing of what your new space will look like has been developed, we will create a palette of finishes so you can see how the materials look side-by-side.
- We use 3D renderings throughout the Design phase to help you see how the layout looks with all the material finishes you’ve selected.
- We even have the capability to place you “inside” your renovation with a virtual reality tool. Using this 360 experience, you will feel like you are standing in the renovated space.
- During this phase of the project, we’ll coordinate township permit applications and get orders placed for long lead items like windows, doors, and cabinetry.
- You will meet with your lead carpenter and discuss material staging, dust and debris protection.
- We will also set-up a profile for you on BuilterTrend–our online portal where you can follow along with the schedule, approve materials, review progress, and make changes as construction advances.
- Once construction is complete, you will enjoy living in your renovated home with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that Custom Craft offers a twenty-four month warranty on our work.
- If any issues arise within the first two years after your project’s completion, contact us immediately. We’ll work with you to resolve the issue quickly.