Before the coronavirus outbreak, did you have thoughts of starting a new house renovation project? If so, did you decide to put it on hold because of social distancing? We’d love to help you keep your design dreams moving! Although we’ve temporarily stopped active construction and closed our in-person Design Center, we can still work together virtually on project planning and design and development.
At Custom Craft, we have a thorough preparation process that precedes production. Thoughtful design is at the heart of everything we do and ensures that we create a space that is tailored to your wants and needs, and is executed with care, high-quality craftsmanship, and efficiency. By planning now, you will:
- Get ahead of other prospective customers and avoid a crowded market. When the pandemic ends, many people will start requesting renovation projects at once. By getting started now, you’re far less likely to experience construction delays down the line. We’ll hit the ground running right away.
- Focus on perfecting the details. Many homeowners get excited when they kick off a renovation project and want to rush right into construction. We’re just as excited as you are, but we encourage the opposite approach. Rushing may result in an end product that doesn’t match your vision. Since you’re spending far more time at home right now – and given that we can’t even begin construction – it’s likely you’ll be more engaged in our planning process by starting now. This will help us produce the highest-quality outcome that exceeds your expectations.
We do recognize the economic impact that the coronavirus has had on families in our community and that financially, a home renovation may not be a feasible project to take on right now. However, for those who do feel positioned to consider it, we encourage you to read on to learn more about our virtual design process and how to get started.
Phase 1: Virtual Introductions & Project Planning
Over the course of a few virtual meetings, we will:
- Discuss your goals and objectives for the renovation and potential challenges
- Take a virtual tour of the impacted areas in your home
- Review and align on an initial design proposal
- Review a preliminary scope of work (including timing and budget)
Ultimately, we consider this a partnership, so our goal in this phase is to determine whether Custom Craft is the right fit for you, and that you’re the right fit for us!
Phase 2: Virtual Design and Development Process
Once we’ve agreed to move forward, we’ll dig deeper into the project (virtually) with one of our designers. We call this your “At-Home Design Center.” We will:
- Present a schematic drawing of your new space and a palette of finishes so you can see how the materials look side-by-side.
- Package all of our recommended finishes and materials, which we can drop off on your doorstep, or you can pick up curbside.
- Create a 3D rendering based on the finishes you select. This will help you visualize the new space.
Once we’ve aligned on design and budget, we’ll prep for production! We’ll create a tentative schedule, contingent upon us receiving formal approval from the government to resume construction. Important to note, even when the quarantine ends, we will continue to provide a safe environment for you and our staff, and will follow all guidelines from the CDC. Read more on our precautions here.
So, are you feeling inspired to start planning your next project? Or perhaps you just want to brainstorm some preliminary ideas? Please contact us. We’d love to hear from you!
Wishing you and your families lasting health and safety as we navigate this difficult time together.